Friday, September 22, 2017

Unmasked


 Unmasked


My mask, a smile
My defence’s camouflage,
The barrier to being known.
My mask hides
Sadness,
Strife,
Stupidity!

My heart, a vault
Secrets and stories stored
         Away from prying eye
    My vault hides
                                           Deceit,
                                           Desire,
                                                 Depravity!

                                            My mind, a pit
                                                 A cavern, bottomless.
                                                 Integrity lost in darkness.
                                                  My pit hides,
                                                    Graft,
                                                    Grief,
                                                      Guilt.

          I want to run, run, run!
            But where can I run to? 
            I want to cry, cry, cry!
            But no tears can wash the past.
                  I want to be free, free, free!
               But where the key to the locks?

                  A stranger confronts my mind,
        Calls to my heart!
              Hands, head scarred.
           Eyes of fire.
              Voice of love.
                        He says He knows me well.

His Name is Jesus.
He speaks my name.
He looks, I’m uncovered.
He speaks, I’m redeemed.
He embraces, I’m cleansed.
He smiles, my mask dissolved.

My mind, now a well
The water of life now within!
A new dignity has begun.
My well provides
Wholeness,
Wisdom,
Wonder.

My heart, a door.
Secrets shredded, not dreaded!
Forgiveness frees me.
My door welcomes
Mercy,
Mystery,
Ministry!

My smile, unmasked
Is genuine with sincerity
Capable of intimacy
My smile radiates,
Grace,
Gratitude.
Godliness.
©Ray Hawkins.2017

Ray is a themed Devotional writer . His 8th book 'The Warrior Lord's Triumph has just been released. In Christians bookshops or contact him direct. R.R.P. $11:95.


2 comments: