Friday, May 12, 2017

Dry Bones Come to Life by Keona Tann

Please welcome guest blogger Keona Tann

I just love watching movies! Inside Out is a great movie! It addresses emotions and thought processes in a very creative way. There is a scene in the movie where the ‘personality islands’ turn grey and crumble into an abyss. Suddenly there is a very bleak and barren appearance. But eventually, from this desolation and disaster, bright vast complex islands are newly formed. As I watched the movie I was reminded of the story in Ezekiel 37:1-10 where the Lord showed Ezekiel the Valley of Dry Bones. The Spirit of the Lord set him in the middle of a valley full of many dry bones. He was asked “can these bones live?”, he replied “Sovereign Lord, you alone know.” The story continues and the Lord said: “Prophesy to these bones and say to them, ‘Dry bones, hear the word of the Lord! This is what the Sovereign Lord says to these bones: I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life. I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put breath in you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the Lord.’ ”. So Ezekiel did as he was commanded commenting: “And as I was prophesying, there was a noise, a rattling sound, and the bones came together, bone to bone. I looked, and tendons and flesh appeared on them and skin covered them, but there was no breath in them.”. So God then goes on to say to him: “Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to it: ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Come, breath, from the four winds and breathe into these slain, that they may live.’ ”. Ezekiel continues: “So I prophesied as he commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet—a vast army.”. (NIV paraphrased)
How terrifying would that be! How astounding! I imagine that your mind simply couldn’t process what was happening!

The Valley of Dry Bones was very much how I was feeling prior to my healing. I felt emptied of everything! I felt as if I had no ‘life’ left in me! I was just a bunch of withering dry barren bones! So God HAD to breathe His breath of life into me, for me to come into a place of restoration!
I’m reminded of Jeremiah 33:3 (NIV): "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.". How wonderful is it that! God gave us Jesus for redemption and the Holy Spirit to refresh us! Our Spirit receives from God wonderful things – answers; hope; direction; assurance……
This is confirmed in Isaiah 43:18-19 where we are implored to: forget the former things; no longer ponder the past; to forget about what’s happened; stop going over old history. Instead we are to: be alert; be present; and listen carefully so we are aware. For God is about to do a new thing - something brand-new! He is making a road through the desert - through the wilderness! Rivers in the Badlands, streams in the wasteland, rivers in the desert will burst forth! (AMP, MSG & NIV versions paraphrased)
John 7:38 reminds us to believe in God, as the Scriptures have promised us that rivers of living water will flow from within! So believe; adhere to; trust and rely on the Word of God! Then from your innermost being streams of living water will continually flow! NCV & AMP paraphrased

WOW! Are you amazed at the great contrast that God offers? Dry bones can come to life! Deserts can become streams and rivers!!! Our life which currently feels dry and barren can be transformed! We can become something brand-new! It is so exciting!!!!!!

May you call out to God today and may He answer you! As you press into the great and wonderful promises He offers may streams of living water bubble up from within!

Keona Tann has lived most of her life in the beautiful Australian state - Tasmania. She has been married to her college sweetheart for over 20 years. Keona and her husband consider themselves extremely blessed to be raising 2 wonderful teenagers. They have also been long time child sponsors with Compassion. Keona's working life has seen her develop over 15 years of customer service experience. Health issues have plagued her for 28 years and over the past 2 years have been severely debilitating. Seeking direction from God her passion for writing was recently reignited. Writing the following mission statement: "I desire to impact the world through the words I share. I long to enrich, empower and encourage others whilst delivering my stories with empathy and understanding." she hopes to launch her new career soon.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post, Keona. Thanks for visiting with us. :)

    ReplyDelete