Thursday, May 11, 2017

Handwritten Manuscript


I recently finished the newest manuscript I’ve been working on! Yay!

It’s tentatively titled, The Baby Battle, and it’s targeted for Harlequin’s Love Inspired Historical line.

It’s always exciting to finish. However, I never write the words, “The End,” because for me it’s not the end, it’s just the beginning of the next stage for this manuscript.

I hand wrote almost all of this one, so I need to type it up before I even begin the editing stage.

Seems like a huge task, but there were benefits.
One big one, I could write anywhere at any time. With a two year old, that’s huge. If I’d opened my computer to type I don’t think I would have gotten a word down most times.

And I got this cute little memento. I blurred it, because, like I said earlier, it needs editing.  However, notice the note on top. It says, "keep". I obviously didn’t want to forget and delete it by accident :)



She loved to write like Mommy :)

Speaking of which, this weekend is a special one.

Happy Mother's Day!!!!



Eva Maria Hamilton is the author of Highland Hearts, a Love Inspired Historical novel published by Harlequin. Her novel, Highland Hearts, won 2nd Place in the Historical Romance, as well as the Traditional/Inspirational Romance Categories in the Heart of Excellence Reader’s Choice Awards, and was an Inspirational Series Finalist in the 2013 Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence. Her short story, Disinherited Love, can be read in the anthology, A Kiss is Still A Kiss. Eva Maria Hamilton is also the owner of Lilac Lane Publishing, which has currently published, Jane Austen’s Pride And Prejudice Colouring & Activity Book featuring Illustrations from 1895, and Jane Austen’s Sense And Sensibility Colouring & Activity Book featuring Illustrations from 1896.

To connect with Eva Maria Hamilton online, please visit her at www.evamariahamilton.com



2 comments:

  1. Eva, I hope your daughter will grow up to write like Mommy. So cute. :) I'm sad to hear the LIH line is closing in 2018. I've enjoyed reading many LIH books over the years.

    ReplyDelete