Thursday, September 15, 2016

Recipe for National Linguine Day

Hi Sandra Orchard here.

Did you know that today is National Linguine Day?

I'm not sure who comes up with all these crazy special designations, but I figured it was a perfect day to share one of my favourite recipes with you.


I first enjoyed this yummy dish at my friend and fellow author Lisa Belcastro's house on Martha's Vineyard while conducting research for the final book in my Serena Jones Mysteries series.


I think research has become my favourite part of book writing. :)

Lisa made this dish with spaghetti noodles so I've modified it in honour of linguine. Hope you enjoy!

Ingredients:

- bag frozen broccoli 
- onion chopped
- red & yellow peppers chopped 
- chopped garlic 
- sliced mushrooms
- boneless chicken breast cut into thin strips
- package of linguine noodles
- jar of sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- spices - oregano, basil, seasoned salt

Directions:

Heat water for cooking noodles and cook to el dente.

Drain the oil from the jar of sun-dried tomatoes into frying pan (not the tomatoes) and heat pan on medium.

Chop onions and peppers, and sauté with a tsp of garlic, in the oil until onions begin to appear translucent. 

Add sliced mushrooms and broccoli and chicken. Sprinkle on oregano, basil and seasoned salt. Stir with spatula as cooking. 

Once broccoli is close to tender, add sun-dried tomatoes to heat through.


Pour mixture over cooked noodles and grate parmesan cheese and freshly ground pepper over top.

Trust me, it tastes waaay better then the frog legs Serena's Aunt Martha tries to feed her in my October release, Another Day, Another Dali. 


When a valuable Salvador Dali painting belonging to her grandmother’s friend is mysteriously replaced by a forgery, FBI Special Agent Serena Jones is called in to investigate. Serena hopes finding the thief will also mean finally measuring up to Nana’s expectations. But when the evidence points to members of the owner’s own household, it becomes increasingly clear that Serena won’t be winning any popularity contests.
The Dali isn’t the only painting that’s fallen prey to the forgery-replacing thief, raising the specter of a sophisticated theft ring–one with links to dirty cops, an aspiring young artist, and the unsolved murder of Serena’s grandfather.
With plenty of edge-of-your-seat moments, Another Day, Another Dali gives the plucky Serena Jones–and readers–a new high-stakes case to crack.
Sandra Orchard is a multi-award-winning author of mysteries and romantic suspense. She is an active member of American Christian Fiction Writers, Sisters in Crime, Mystery Writers of America, Romance Writers of America and The Word Guild (Canada). A mother of three grown children, she lives in Niagara, Canada with her real-life-hero husband and writes full time…when not doting on her young grandchildren.  Learn more about Sandra’s books and bonus features at www.SandraOrchard.com or connect at www.Facebook.com/SandraOrchard
Your Turn: What's your favourite way to eat linguine?

6 comments:

  1. Sounds yum, Sandra. And better still looks like one you can do relevantly quickly.

    Trust all is well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thankfully, as my son (father of our preemie grandson) just asked me to bring them supper at the hospital! Guess what I'm making. :) It is wonderful to have Jed home now and progressing amazingly.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great recipe. Will try it soon.

    Loved Serena Jones in A Fool & His Monet. Look forward to reading the next book.

    All the best,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandra, thanks for sharing your recipe - I love sundried tomatoes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never really tried them before my friend introduced me to them. I'd had a package in the cupboard for years that I picked up for some recipe I'd never made, but they weren't bottled in oil like what Lisa uses. I really love the flavour they add to dishes!

      Delete