Friday, September 16, 2016

Devotion: Getting God's Attention


"See, God has come to save me.
I will trust in him and not be afraid.
The Lord God is my strength and my song;
he has given me victory."
Isaiah 12 v 2

Health, finances, family relationships, your job situation, infertility... whatever your issue is.

Today's devotion is aimed at anyone who is struggling to trust God. Maybe you've been praying for breakthrough for a long time and you just cannot see anything shifting. Or perhaps you are in such a desperate place that if God doesn't come through for you, you are sunk. I'm right next to you in this trench.

Bear with me for a moment and let me tell you the story of my cat, Sleepy. She is a sweet little thing who has a built-in alarm clock in her belly and is vocal enough to let the neighbourhood know when she is hungry. Sleepy will come and meow for food from exactly an hour before suppertime and continue to do so until those biscuits hit her bowl. She has stamina for nagging that would see most athletes through the Olympics.

I was in the kitchen last night, trying to wrap my brain around all I needed to get through before bedtime. Feeding the cats was already crossed off my To-Do's, so when Sleepy came nagging, I ignored her. She didn't give up. She came right up close and licked my leg. Three times. I kid you not.

That got my attention like nothing else. It made me laugh and remember again, just how much I love this goofy animal. I looked around and saw that her water bowl was empty. One refilled bowl later and I had a happy cat.

Unlike me and my cat, God never ignores us. Psalm 35 v 15 tells us that 'the eyes of the Lord are towards the righteous, and his ears towards their cry.' He won't ignore us but I have a feeling that it tickles Him pink when we seek Him out. He loves nothing more than being with us, otherwise  why would He have sent Jesus to make a way for us to be with him forever?

So I encourage you today, no matter what you're facing, give Him your attention. In whatever way you are able. Lick His leg if that's all you can manage.

I'm standing with you in this trench and together we have front row seats to His miracles. Let me know when yours arrive!

Dianne J. Wilson writes novels from her hometown in East London, South Africa, where she lives with her husband and three daughters. She has just signed a three book contract for a YA series, Spirit Walker, with Pelican / Watershed.

Finding Mia is available from AmazonPelican / Harbourlight, Barnes & Noble and other bookstores.

Shackles is available as a free ebook from Amazon & Smashwords.


Find her on FacebookTwitter and her sporadic blog Doodles.

   

3 comments:

  1. Dianne, thanks for your encouraging post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking time to read and comment Narelle. You are a gem!

      Delete
  2. Love it Di, Thank you! And yes, I have a dog who sometimes has to resort to nagging when her water dish is empty!

    ReplyDelete