Friday, September 25, 2015

DEVOTION: Watching Those Words ~ by Kathi Macias

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer (Psalm 19:14, NKJV).

In addition to polishing a couple of manuscripts that need to go in to the publishers shortly, I’m focusing a lot right now on preparing for several speaking engagements, including keynotes, teaching, panel discussions, TV and radio. I enjoy all that, particularly the impromptu, spontaneous events that require few if any notes, such as media interviews and panel discussions. But the keynotes and teaching demand that I at least have a few notes jotted down about what I will say and how I will say it.

All of that’s important, I know. So much more important, however, is what I say and how I say it in light of the Lord, who not only hears each word I speak but knows the meditations of my heart as well. How I want both to be acceptable in His sight! And how much more likely they will be if I am careful what I put into my heart and mind, for the Scriptures are clear that whatever words we speak come out of what we have stored in our hearts.

Knowing that ultimately I speak for an audience of One, I must be much more careful of what I choose to store up in my heart, for that will determine my meditations as well as my words. No matter how much time I spend trying to perfect and polish the words I speak to others, it is God alone who knows the purity of my intent. We live in a world that bombards us with thoughts and words that demean our faith walk with Christ; may we continually ask the Lord to strengthen us and not allow those negative influences to enter our heart and taint our meditations and words.


Kathi Macias is a multi-award winning writer who has authored nearly 40 books and ghostwritten several others. 
A former newspaper columnist and string reporter, Kathi has taught creative and business writing in various venues and has been a guest on many radio and television programs. Kathi is a popular speaker at churches, women’s clubs and retreats, and writers’ conferences. 

She won the 2008 Member of the Year award from AWSA (Advanced Writers and Speakers Association) and was the 2011 Author of the Year from BooksandAuthors.net. Kathi “Easy Writer” Macias lives in Homeland, CA, with her husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment