Friday, March 30, 2018

Friday Devotion: Complete Salvation


Keona Tann | @ICFWriters

In Luke 22:19 Jesus asked His disciples to partake in communion in remembrance of Him:

“And when He had taken bread and given thanks, He broke it and gave it to them, saying, “This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me.” (Luke ‭22:19‬ ‭Amplified)‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬

There were so many things that Jesus could have asked His disciples to remember Him for. But He wanted them to take communion with Him, to remember that moment, the moment that was the start of the cross.

We are given powerful access to Jesus when we remember the cross. There is power in declaring the complete work of the cross, for the cross is the centre of victory:



The process that Jesus endured was one that gives us access to complete salvation:

Jesus secured emotional healing in the garden of Gethsemane. Jesus went there to pray and He cried out: “Father, if You are willing, please take this cup of suffering away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine.” Luke‬ ‭22:42 NLT‬‬‬

More explanation is provided of just how distressed Jesus was, in verse 44 Jesus is described as being in agony; deeply distressed; and anguished. It even states in the Amplified version that Jesus was “almost to the point of death”. He prayed with such deep intensity that “his sweat became like drops of blood, falling down onto the ground.” (Luke‬ ‭22: 44‬ ‭NIV‬‬)‬‬‬‬‬‬

You might be able to relate to Jesus’ feelings because you might be there right now, in that place of despair. Can I encourage you grasp hold of these words:

I’m overwhelmed right now, Lord let Your will be done.

I’m facing an impossible situation, please Lord let Your will be done.

I can’t see a way forward, Lord let Your will be done.

We have mental healing because of the crown of thorns that Jesus bore as described in Matthew‬ ‭27:29‬a (NIV): the guards “twisted together a crown of thorns and set it on his head.” ‬‬‬

But more importantly we are healed because Jesus is now “crowned with glory and honor” as declared in Hebrews‬ ‭2:9‬ ‭(NIV‬‬).‬‬‬‬‬‬

Our physical healing and wholeness comes from the physical punishment Jesus endured, this is described in Isaiah‬ ‭53:5‬: Jesus was wounded for my transgressions; He was crushed because of my wickedness; my sins and my wrongdoings were his undoing. Jesus was pierced because of my rebellion. The punishment that should fall upon me was taken by Jesus. He was beaten so that I could be whole. He was whipped so that I could be healed. Because of what my precious Savior Jesus endured, I can boldly declare: ‘by His stripes and wounds I am healed and made whole!’ (Amplified version paraphrased).‬‬‬

Our spiritual healing comes from the complete work of the cross, when he cried upon the cross: ‘it is finished’ (John 19:30), it was a declaration that the price was paid for our sins. It was a declaration that the enemy’s grip upon us was broken! It was a declaration that Jesus holds the victory. Philippians‬ ‭2:9-11‬ declares that God elevated Him to the place of highest honour. Jesus’ name is the name above all names. At the name of Jesus Christ every knee shall bow and every single tongue will declare that He is Lord. All for the glory of God the Father. (NLT paraphrased)‬‬‬

Romans‬ ‭8:11 declares that the Spirit of God raised Jesus from the dead. We are promised that the very same spirit resides in us, therefore giving life to our bodies! God’s Spirit of Resurrection breathes life into us. (NLT paraphrased)‬‬‬

Now that’s a very complex and wonderful promise and something that is hard to comprehend but If we can truly grasp the complete work of the cross and Jesus’ resurrection, I know it will be life changing!

If we live our lives walking in the victory of the cross and Jesus’ resurrection, I know we can change the world around us.

I pray that this Easter you can reflect on the complete work of the cross. I pray that you can find time to thank Jesus, the triumphant and conquering Lamb, the Lord of lords and King of kings (Revelation 17:14).

Here is a prayer that you can you boldly pray today:

Precious Jesus, thank You so very much for the sacrifice You made for me. Thank You for the extravagant love You displayed.

Jesus, I declare boldly over my life that I have received complete salvation. I am emotionally, mentally, physically and spiritually healed because You are my Saviour.

Jesus, I thank You for Your precious blood that You so willingly shed for me. I ask that You would cleanse me afresh and fill me with Your amazing grace and transforming love. Lord let Your will be done in every area and aspect of my life.

Thank You Jesus. All glory and honour to You forever and ever, Amen!

Many blessings, Keona

About Keona:

I’ve lived most of my life in Tasmania, which is one of the beautiful Australian states. Deliriously happily married to my college sweetheart for over 20 years, we consider ourselves extremely blessed to be raising 2 wonderful teenagers. Hubby and I have also been long time child sponsors with Compassion so we have overseas kids!

I struggled with illness and disease for most of my life. The biggest battles were: endometriosis for 28 years and adrenal/chronic fatigue which was severe for 28 months. In September 2016 healing was declared over my life, praise God, this set me on a path of deep inner healing, restoration and transformation. My passion to write was reignited and I wrote out a mission statement:

“He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see what he has done and be amazed. They will put their trust in the LORD.” Psalm 40:3 (NLT)

I desire to impact the world through the words I share. I long to enrich, empower and encourage others whilst delivering my stories with empathy and understanding.

In my new-found boldness I’ve started a weekly blog which you can find at: https://keonajtann.wordpress.com/





No comments:

Post a Comment