Tuesday, November 21, 2017

SEASONS


SPRING Photo by Rodion Kutsaev on Unsplash 


Life is about change. At least mine certainly has been. Even the short time since I first joined this blog, my life has flipped upside down and around a few times.

Some people call these seasons.

I’ve heard it said that God uses such times to teach us, and I’ve heard that He uses them to change us. 

My experience has been a bit of both.  Through the seasons He’s given me, He has opened my eyes to problem areas in my life and then graciously, lovingly, gently, He’s proceeded to change what I could not.

SUMMER Photo by Juja Han on Unsplash 


Hopefully, prayerfully, I am even now pressing towards another season. Because of the commitments that change will no doubt hold, I have decided to step back from my role as contributor to this, the International Christian Fiction Writers’ Blog.

It has been a pleasure and delight to be included in this group. Your support and feedback during the past two years has meant a lot to me.

Thank you.

AUTUMN Photo by Jeremy Thomas on Unsplash 


I pray God’s blessing on each of you as you continue to serve Him with your words. I trust the coming year will bring you growth that deepens your faith and renews your love for the One who first loved us.


I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord's holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. 
Ephesians 3: 16-19 NIV


WINTER Photo by Galina N on Unsplash




Jayne E. Self is just one of 55 Canadian contributors in the latest Hot Apple Cider Anthology.


You can also connect with Jayne on Facebook  or at JayneSelf.com

7 comments:

  1. Jayne, and thank you for your contribution to ICFW and many blessings for the next season you are stepping into.

    Grace and peace,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jayne, for your contributions to this blog. I wish you all the very best as you step into the next season of your life. (And thank you for the beautiful photos!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are definitely seasons of life, and I pray God's blessings on you during this new one for you. Thank you for your contributions to this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos, Jayne. Oh, yes--Hot Apple Cider for a Canadian winter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. May ~God bless you as you enter your new season. Thank you for your contributions to ICFW, we'll miss you.

    ReplyDelete