Monday, January 1, 2018

Best of the ICFW Archives ~ Finding Purpose…Far Away from Home


By Sara Goff

I started my quest handing out ice tea in Dixie cups at Holy Apostles Soup Kitchen in Manhattan. My motivation was research. I would smile as I set a drink on the tray of each customer passing through the assembly line. Often a downcast face would brighten, cracking a mask of hard times and city grit, and a smile would emerged more beautiful and sincere than any smile I’d ever seen.

It just so happened that the Soup Kitchen held a Writers Workshop that met every Wednesday after lunch in the spring. Ian Frazier, writer for The New Yorker and author of Travels in Siberia, founded the Workshop in 1994. I approached him at the start of the season in 2006.

Read more at the following link:

http://internationalchristianfictionwriters.blogspot.com.au/2013/11/finding-purposefar-away-from-home.html

No comments:

Post a Comment