Friday, December 23, 2016

Best of the ICFW Archives ~ An Unexpected Answer

By Shirley Corder


"When he calls on me I will answer."
Psalm 91:15 TLB

When the congregation came to church that Christmas day, I’m sure none of them expected to hear from Mars.

My parents gave our youngest, David, a battery-operated robot for Christmas. The little boy was delighted with its stiff-legged gait, its flashing lights, and its robotic voice.

Since my husband was the pastor, we lived next door to the church. Because the building was too small to seat the entire congregation, on Christmas Day we held two consecutive services. It would be tough for our three children, aged twelve, nine and five, to sit through both services, so we gave them permission to return home after the first service to play with their new toys.

Read more at the following link:

http://internationalchristianfictionwriters.blogspot.com.au/2012/12/devotion-unexpected-answer-by-shirley.html

No comments:

Post a Comment