Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Wrestling, Biscuits and a New Book

https://www.amazon.com/Odd-Jobs-Anthology-P-Baines-ebook/dp/B01HVN60UC/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1470808009&sr=8-20#nav-subnavDo you find writing hard work? Me too. In fact, it is one of the hardest things I have ever done. Getting words onto the page takes monumental effort on my part. It's almost like a physical wrestling match between myself and the blank page in which the page has the advantage of weight, strength and experience and I have to fight with one hand behind my back.

I usually nibble when I write so I have to make sure there are plenty of healthy snacks lying within easy reach. When I set about creating my first novel we had a large supply of biscuits in the cupboard. They soon vanished along with anything else edible, and my waistline.

Blogging is the same. Take today, for example. I have plenty to write about but getting the words out is like pushing a greasy boulder uphill. In the rain. While wearing sandals. And the nibble instinct has kicked in. Luckily we have no biscuits in the cupboard. We do have coffee however. I am on my third paragraph am holding my second cup of coffee. And still I can't think of what to write about.

So, instead of coming up with a topic I thought it would be a good time to announce my newest book. It is a collection of short stories called "Odd Jobs - An Anthology of Idioms"available on Amazon in Kindle and print form.

The stories are all inspired by well-known English idioms. Each idiom is imagined as a job or pastime. Most are fantasy with some magic realism thrown in. The stories are quite short (average 10 pages) so can be read in one sitting. All are family friendly and only one has a religious theme so they can be enjoyed by anyone.

I am giving away 10 copies on Kindle, so if you would like one, please drop me a message at pabaines at gmail dot com and I'll arrange to send one to you as a gift..

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Paul, on your new release. I find writing the hardest of occupations but also the most rewarding as a result.

    ReplyDelete