Monday, January 6, 2014

Precious Gifts

What kind of gifts bless your heart?

As a writer, some of the most precious gifts I've received are emails and Facebook posts from readers who have enjoyed one of my books, and most especially when something about the story has touched their heart. God seems to know just when I need these little notes of encouragement to spur me on when I'm struggling with my current work-in-progress.

This past Christmas, I also received a delightful surprise in the mail from one of my readers--a selection of European chocolate all the way from Slovakia!


With my daughter spending three months in Australia and New Zealand this past year, I also have a special place in my heart for my friends and fans down under. Ellie Whyte, founder of Soul Inspirationz, sent two delightful NZ fantasy picture books home with my daughter to share with my grandchildren, which she did...on Christmas Day.


As you can see, they were a big hit.

I've also gained a whole new perspective on the world from my international readers and fellow writers. In my wildest dreams, I would never have imagined that "going camping" was a common way to spend the Christmas holidays!

This is how we spent Christmas afternoon:






And since this post is titled "Precious Gifts", you'll forgive me for including the gratuitous newest grandson picture. :)

But more heart-warming than an encouraging note, sweeter than chocolate and more joyful than a grandchild's smile is the precious gift God has given us through his son. His mercies are new every morning.

What a privilege and delight it is to share through story God's love for each one of us and the hope and peace he desires us to know in Him. In 2014, may you experience His love in an ever deeper and more meaningful way.


Sandra Orchard is an award-winning Canadian author of inspirational romantic suspense/mysteries with Harlequin’s Love Inspired Suspense imprint, and Revell Publishing. She is an active member of American Christian Fiction Writers, Romance Writers of America and The Word Guild (Canada). A mother of three grown children, she lives in Niagara, Canada with her real-life-hero husband and writes full time…when not doting on her young grandchildren.  You can learn more about Sandra’s books and bonus features at www.SandraOrchard.com or connect at www.Facebook.com/SandraOrchard

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for a cheerful, ideal Christmas message, Sandra! And your grandson is gorgeous -- but you know that, right? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, he melts me with those dimples every time. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Sandra,
    What wonderful gifts, all of them. I believe European chocolates are up there among the most delicious. What a gorgeous little grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandra, your grandson is adorable and the chocolates look delicious :) Thanks for your encouraging words.

    ReplyDelete