Monday, December 21, 2015

Best of the ICFW Archives: Mark, Read and Inwardly Digest

By Alice Valdal



Do you write in your books? I don't mean keeping a journal or writing your first draft long-hand. I mean, do you take a pen or a highlighter and mark up your current reading material? Do you commend books for their marginalia or do you condemn the miscreant who dared to mar a published work? 

When I was in high school, we had to purchase our textbooks and I always tried to buy a used copy from a good student a year or so ahead of me. That person had usually marked the important passages, and if I was lucky, had even made a few notes in the margin -- saving me the trouble of doing some of my own homework.

Read more at the following link:

http://internationalchristianfictionwriters.blogspot.com/2011/03/mark-read-and-inwardly-digest.html

No comments:

Post a Comment